How would it be to have a our Idaho Congressmen and Senators stand upagainst Monsanto and support the Sander/Boxer amendment #2310 that Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders presented to President Obama on June 14th?
GMO food labeling takes the senate floor!
News from the video
- The amendment was sponsored by Senator Barbara Boxer of California.
- Survey by MSNBC 2011 poll, 95% of those surveyed want GMO labeling.
- People want to know what is in the food they are eating.
- Monsanto, one of the largest producers of genetically modified foods disagrees.
- Monsanto is the producer of Roundup and Roundup Ready crops.
- In 2011 Monsanto chemical company raked in $11 billion and $1.6 billion in profits.
- Bill comes out from the states Agriculture Committee with a 9 to 1 in favor.
- The people want labeling Monsanto threatens to sue.
- State have the authority to require labeling.
- This amendment gives the people the right know.
- Commissioner of FDA must report on food labeling in the next 2 years if this amendment passes.
- Asking for the people of America what 49 other countries already do…labeling Genetically Modified Foods.
- We have a large powerful corporation who would rather line their pockets…Monsanto.
- Monsanto claims there are no risks.
- May 21012 study shows the toxins are in Pregnant women and their unborn children.
- No requirement have been made for testing…we are the clinical tests.
- Genetically Engineered food labeling will not bring extra costs.
- Resistant weeds are on the rise.
- 295 million Americans are not being listened to.
GMO Free Idaho’s Goals for our Washington Representatives
- Care enough to stand up to the special interest group, Monsanto and stop GMO crops in Idaho.
- Require labeling on foods containing GMO’s. We have the right to know what we are eating.
- Support the fight in Washington.
Contact Your Representatives
You Can Help!
Join us in our efforts to make GMO food labeling a reality.